< Back to Mary's Blog
August 18, 2017 1:36 pm
As the lazy days of summer wind down, and the familiar harbingers of back to school dot the landscape, the transition can be jarring to your home life. Here are some ideas for easing the family back into school mode.
- Conquer the summer work. While it may take a herculean effort, getting your kids to complete (or in some cases, start!) their summer work will stave off tremendous stress, both for you and them, come the last week of summer.
- Fill out the forms now. Ditto for all those school and doctor’s forms. Take an hour, gather everything your child will need to return to school, and complete it all now. Place everything in a file folder and tuck it away to be easily handed over on the first day of school.
- Make a packing list. If you’re sending a child off to college, sit down with him or her and create a detailed list of what they will need, including clothing, dorm décor, medicines, and groceries. This list will save you from the stress of a last-minute scramble, or worse yet, having to mail boxes of stuff after the fact.
- Discuss and plan for schedules. One of the toughest summer-to-school transitions involves having to set alarms and get back on schedule. The best way to avoid the stress is to plan the schedule in advance. Find out when buses arrive and where, when the kids will need to report for sports or band practice, which days you and your partner or neighbors will cover drop off and pick-up, etc. This way, everyone knows where they’re expected to be, and who will cover which responsibilities.
- Plan an end-of-summer getaway. Whether you can spare a week, a weekend, or even just a day, take one last chance to gather the family together and do something fun that commemorates summer.
Putting these strategies into action will help close your summer on a good note, and set your fall up for success.
Hope you found these tips helpful. If you need any real estate information, please contact me.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
|Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated |
RE/MAX 440, PA
If you are a home owner in the Blue Bell area and are thinking of placing it on the market, this site contains information about preparing your home for sale, selecting the right agent, pricing your home appropriately, marketing it effectively, going through the inspection processes, and receiving a timely market evaluation. This site features houses and condos for sale in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Looking for property in and around Blue Bell, Pennsylvania? Residential, Commercial, Land-Lot or Rental, we can help with all your real estate needs. On this Blue Bell real estate site find Blue Bell In Town and Suburban Properties, Land, Lots, Blue Bell Golf Homes for Sale, Luxury Estates, Town Homes, Blue Bell New Homes for Sale, Blue Bell Condos, Town Homes, Real Estate, Blue Bell Luxury Estates, Equestrian Estates and Blue Bell Executive Homes For Sale. Mary Mastroeni with RE/MAX Central is here to help home buyers and home sellers through the real estate process in Montgomery and Bucks County. Blue Bell Homes for Sale and Blue Bell Real Estate - Buying or Selling Blue Bell Real Estate.
Servicing: Skippack, Blue Bell, Bryn Mawr, Devon, Delaware County, Wyncote, King Of Prussia, Bucks County, West Point, Lafayette Hill, Norristown, Colmar, Montgomery County, Warrington, Worcester, Bala Cynwyd, Villanova, Fairview Village, Eagleville, Narberth, Gwynedd Valley, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Haverford, Gladwyne, Chester County, Conshohocken, Glenside, Lansdale, Line Lexington, Flourtown, Wayne, Plymouth Meeting, Harleysville, Ambler, Philadelphia County, Audubon, Bridgeport, Creamery, Kulpsville, Dresher, North Wales, Mainland, Philadelphia, Lederach, Gwynedd, Chalfont, Fort Washington, Oreland, Valley Forge, Spring House, Cedars, Souderton, Hatfield