< Back to Mary's Blog
June 21, 2017 12:36 am
The kids may be clamoring for a Disneyland vacation, but four days with Mickey for a family of four can cost up to $6,000.
Travel agents offer vacation alternatives that have much to offer for kids of all ages, often at a far lower cost:
Take a cruise
– Today’s cruise ships provide onboard activities ranging from bumper cars to water slides to zip lining, as well as varied dining options, adult health spas and nightly showroom entertainment – all at a (mostly) all-inclusive price. If you watch for fare sales and opt out of optional add-ons, cruising to the destination of your choice can be a reasonable family vacation.
Try a family resort –
All-inclusive family beach resorts all over the world are a great choice for parents who need a break. Catering for families with young children, they offer fun daycare options with vetted counselors, so that kids can enjoy science labs, expeditions, magic shows and more while parents loll on the beach. Traveling during non-peak periods will help keep the cost down.
Check out the Outer Banks
– You’ll find parks, wildlife sanctuaries, and plenty of shopping and dining options on the east coast’s Outer Banks beaches – and lodging choices from beautiful beachfront hotels to budget-friendly house rentals. With 100 miles of beach to explore, the site can be a family favorite.
Gasp at the Grand Canyon
– You can get close to nature at a nearby campground or stay at a family-friendly lodge. Either way, this once-in-a-lifetime experience offers panoramic views, and age-appropriate activities, especially on the South Rim, that make this a memorable family vacation.
Marvel at the falls
– On both the U.S. and Canadian sides, Niagara Falls offers another natural wonder your children will not forget – and if nature isn’t enough, you’ll find a marine park, a hotel with a water park, a butterfly conservatory, the world’s largest free-flying aviary, and an amusement park. You can even go behind the falls for a truly exhilarating experience.
Set sail for whale watching
– Available on both coasts as well as in Mexico, depending upon the season, a whale watching adventure – quite often featuring playful dolphins on display as well – is an exciting vacation option. There are plenty of white sand beaches to enjoy and a variety of lodging choices.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
|Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated |
RE/MAX 440, PA
If you are a home owner in the Blue Bell area and are thinking of placing it on the market, this site contains information about preparing your home for sale, selecting the right agent, pricing your home appropriately, marketing it effectively, going through the inspection processes, and receiving a timely market evaluation. This site features houses and condos for sale in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Looking for property in and around Blue Bell, Pennsylvania? Residential, Commercial, Land-Lot or Rental, we can help with all your real estate needs. On this Blue Bell real estate site find Blue Bell In Town and Suburban Properties, Land, Lots, Blue Bell Golf Homes for Sale, Luxury Estates, Town Homes, Blue Bell New Homes for Sale, Blue Bell Condos, Town Homes, Real Estate, Blue Bell Luxury Estates, Equestrian Estates and Blue Bell Executive Homes For Sale. Mary Mastroeni with RE/MAX Central - Blue Bell is here to help home buyers and home sellers through the real estate process in Montgomery and Bucks County. Blue Bell Homes for Sale and Blue Bell Real Estate - Buying or Selling Blue Bell Real Estate.
Servicing: Skippack, Blue Bell, Bryn Mawr, Devon, Delaware County, Wyncote, King Of Prussia, Bucks County, West Point, Lafayette Hill, Norristown, Colmar, Montgomery County, Warrington, Worcester, Bala Cynwyd, Villanova, Fairview Village, Eagleville, Narberth, Gwynedd Valley, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Haverford, Gladwyne, Chester County, Conshohocken, Glenside, Lansdale, Line Lexington, Flourtown, Wayne, Plymouth Meeting, Harleysville, Ambler, Philadelphia County, Audubon, Bridgeport, Creamery, Kulpsville, Dresher, North Wales, Mainland, Philadelphia, Lederach, Gwynedd, Chalfont, Fort Washington, Oreland, Valley Forge, Spring House, Cedars, Souderton, Hatfield