< Back to Mary's Blog
May 12, 2017 12:30 am
When it comes to our homes, it’s only natural to focus on what’s in our sight line - the yard, the front door, the windows. However, the biggest need may come from above: your roof.
According to roofing manufacturer GAF, updating or repairing your roof can increase your home’s curb appeal by 40 percent. Whether you’re putting your home on the market or not, addressing any issues with your roof is an important step in protecting your home’s value. GAF offers this list of what you should look for:
- Scan the roof for any sagging or uneven areas. These could be signs that your roof’s framing structure is compromised.
- Next, survey the gutters to ensure they’re not clogged with debris such as leaves, branches, dirt, etc.
- Once you’ve cleaned out the gutters, make sure they’re still securely fastened so that they don’t cause overflow and build-up, or fall off the fascia board.
- Debris can also build up in the valleys of your roof, adding weight and unnecessary stress to the structure. Make sure to clear these areas as well.
- One of the most common causes of a leaky roof is damage to the flashing. Make sure metal flashing is securely and sufficiently in place around roof vents, pipes, skylights, and chimneys.
- Finally, take a close look at your shingles. Carefully inspect the entire roof and look for curling edges, missing granules, missing shingles, etc.
The sooner you address any problems with your roof, the less expensive the repairs will be. Then you can rest assured that both your family and your investment is well protected.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
|Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated |
RE/MAX 440, PA
If you are a home owner in the Blue Bell area and are thinking of placing it on the market, this site contains information about preparing your home for sale, selecting the right agent, pricing your home appropriately, marketing it effectively, going through the inspection processes, and receiving a timely market evaluation. This site features houses and condos for sale in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Looking for property in and around Blue Bell, Pennsylvania? Residential, Commercial, Land-Lot or Rental, we can help with all your real estate needs. On this Blue Bell real estate site find Blue Bell In Town and Suburban Properties, Land, Lots, Blue Bell Golf Homes for Sale, Luxury Estates, Town Homes, Blue Bell New Homes for Sale, Blue Bell Condos, Town Homes, Real Estate, Blue Bell Luxury Estates, Equestrian Estates and Blue Bell Executive Homes For Sale. Mary Mastroeni with RE/MAX Central - Blue Bell is here to help home buyers and home sellers through the real estate process in Montgomery and Bucks County. Blue Bell Homes for Sale and Blue Bell Real Estate - Buying or Selling Blue Bell Real Estate.
Servicing: Skippack, Blue Bell, Bryn Mawr, Devon, Delaware County, Wyncote, King Of Prussia, Bucks County, West Point, Lafayette Hill, Norristown, Colmar, Montgomery County, Warrington, Worcester, Bala Cynwyd, Villanova, Fairview Village, Eagleville, Narberth, Gwynedd Valley, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Haverford, Gladwyne, Chester County, Conshohocken, Glenside, Lansdale, Line Lexington, Flourtown, Wayne, Plymouth Meeting, Harleysville, Ambler, Philadelphia County, Audubon, Bridgeport, Creamery, Kulpsville, Dresher, North Wales, Mainland, Philadelphia, Lederach, Gwynedd, Chalfont, Fort Washington, Oreland, Valley Forge, Spring House, Cedars, Souderton, Hatfield