< Back to Mary's Blog
April 11, 2017 1:03 pm
From in-house baristas to flexible vacation time, offices and businesses across the country and finding innovative ways to support their employees. Making your place of business pet-friendly can help attract animal-loving talent, lower stress in the office and even boost activity. Below are several tips for making any office environment more pet-friendly, courtesy of PetsBest.com:
Introduce the Idea Over Time –
Slowly adapt employees to the idea of having pets in the office. While some employees will be ecstatic, some may not be as thrilled. By slowly introducing pets with a weekly "bring your pet to work day," employees can get used to the new additions to the office.
Pet-Proof Your Space
– Just like bringing a baby to the office, pet-proofing is just as important. With cords and trashcans throughout a space, resolving these issues prior to having pets in the office will relieve chaos and issues down the road.
Set Rules and Expectations
– Some dogs just aren't set out to be an office dog. Setting both pet and owner behavior rules and expectations, everyone in the office is on the same page of what is expected of them. Whether it be barking or mess clean up, having expectations laid out will hold everyone accountable.
Hold Pet Interviews
– Before employees can bring their dog into the office, hold pet interviews. Some dogs, when in unfamiliar surroundings and with many people may not react appropriately for the work place. Like the trial run, this will give the dog and employees a chance to engage and become more familiar which will be helpful in the long run.
Stock the Break Room
– Not only with treats for Fido, but the essentials. Accidents happen, so making sure you have the appropriate supplies will make them that much less of a headache. By stocking up on cleaning supplies, stain remover, waste bags and treats, everyone will be happy knowing you are ready for whatever accident my come your way.
Offer Pet Insurance as a Benefit
– While some companies are scaling back on wellness benefits for humans, record numbers of dogs and cats are covered for veterinary expenses through employee-benefits plans that include pet insurance. Providing pet insurance to every employee will set the tone and reassure employees that you support and care for them, and their entire family.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
|Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated |
RE/MAX 440, PA
If you are a home owner in the Blue Bell area and are thinking of placing it on the market, this site contains information about preparing your home for sale, selecting the right agent, pricing your home appropriately, marketing it effectively, going through the inspection processes, and receiving a timely market evaluation. This site features houses and condos for sale in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Looking for property in and around Blue Bell, Pennsylvania? Residential, Commercial, Land-Lot or Rental, we can help with all your real estate needs. On this Blue Bell real estate site find Blue Bell In Town and Suburban Properties, Land, Lots, Blue Bell Golf Homes for Sale, Luxury Estates, Town Homes, Blue Bell New Homes for Sale, Blue Bell Condos, Town Homes, Real Estate, Blue Bell Luxury Estates, Equestrian Estates and Blue Bell Executive Homes For Sale. Mary Mastroeni with RE/MAX Central - Blue Bell is here to help home buyers and home sellers through the real estate process in Montgomery and Bucks County. Blue Bell Homes for Sale and Blue Bell Real Estate - Buying or Selling Blue Bell Real Estate.
Servicing: Skippack, Blue Bell, Bryn Mawr, Devon, Delaware County, Wyncote, King Of Prussia, Bucks County, West Point, Lafayette Hill, Norristown, Colmar, Montgomery County, Warrington, Worcester, Bala Cynwyd, Villanova, Fairview Village, Eagleville, Narberth, Gwynedd Valley, Horsham, Montgomeryville, Haverford, Gladwyne, Chester County, Conshohocken, Glenside, Lansdale, Line Lexington, Flourtown, Wayne, Plymouth Meeting, Harleysville, Ambler, Philadelphia County, Audubon, Bridgeport, Creamery, Kulpsville, Dresher, North Wales, Mainland, Philadelphia, Lederach, Gwynedd, Chalfont, Fort Washington, Oreland, Valley Forge, Spring House, Cedars, Souderton, Hatfield